Conditional text by paragraph tag?

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at taitradio.com
Wed Feb 11 16:07:30 PST 2015

I work on our company network. At the end of each day, I delete any
unwanted files from the folder(s) I've been working in, and copy the
folders for that manual to my local drive. I know it relies on my
memory, but I've done it for so long now, it's become a habit.

Dave
On 12/02/2015 11:10 a.m., Fred Ridder wrote:
> David Artman wrote:
>
>     5) Generate output and peruse. DO NOT save FM files yet! If it
>     boked a couple of times, fix thm; if it borked a ton; rollback to
>     your backup.fm <http://backup.fm> files (you DO automatically save
>     backup.fm <http://backup.fm> files every save, riiiight? ;) )
>
> No, in fact I *don't* let FrameMaker generate .backup.fm files because
> they aren't really backups. They are just renamed versions of the
> *previous* saved version of the file.
>
> Say you open a document FileA.fm. You make a whole slew of changes,
> and then do a Save. You figure that the newly saved FileA.fm is
> identical to FileA.backup.fm because you had FrameMaker make a
> "backup" upon saving, right. Wrong. FileA.backup.fm is the *original*
> file that you opened, *before* you made any changes to it. The
> "backup" is always one set of changes behind the content that a real
> backup would have in it. (And since Frame won't even let you do a Save
> unless you've changed *something*, the current saved version and the
> "backup" can *never* be identical.) So rolling back to the automatic
> "backup" will actually lose you the last set of changes that were in
> your last save.
>
> -Fred Ridder

Dave Reynolds
Senior Technical Author
Tait Communications
DDI: 64 3 3581029
Email: dave.reynolds at taitradio.com <mailto:dave.reynolds at taitradio.com>

Tait Communications - Devoted to your cause
www.taitradio.com <http://www.taitradio.com>

--

------------------------------
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended recipient.
It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal
or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this
transmission.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate,
distribute or reproduce such email, any attachments, or any part thereof.
If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or
corrupted during transmission nor can we guarantee that any email or any
attachments are free from computer viruses or other conditions which may
damage or interfere with recipient data, hardware or software. The
recipient relies upon its own procedures and assumes all risk of use and of
opening any attachments.