Frame vs. Flare for My Needs

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Feb 26 01:44:04 PST 2015

Hi,

In my company there are also discussions to choose
MadCap Flare as a common authoring tool.
I see different requirements among us. Some need
HTML or CHM, others only PDF.
The arguments from MadCap Flare users here are:
o Less bugs.
o Better conversion to CHM and HTML.
o Better support.
(I do not know if all these are also valid for FM 12 or upcoming FM 13!)

Can those who use or used Flare comment on these?
Are these arguments valid?

What other experiences do you have?
Which features do you miss?
I see that Flare does not allow text on top of graphics.
I could not find out whether you can enter simple tabs.
I have problems adjusting table column widths.
I have even problems to zoom in when I have the print layout selected.
Flare does not support separate DTDs.

Best regards

Winfried