Framemaker vs Flare for pdfs

Philo Calhoun isleofgough at luxsci.me
Thu Feb 26 12:24:43 PST 2015

I tried unsuccessfully a year ago to move from FrameMaker to Flare. After months with tech support to deal with various bugs in Flare, I concluded that it was only a reasonable option for simpler documents that were destined for web based delivery. PDFs particularly, were not as reliable as FM. Any table that had rotated cells was in issue in Flare. Flare has some very nice features, like different styles for different deliveries, but I did not find it an adequate replacement for FM for my needs. I am back to happily using FM and did not renew my license for Madcap Flare.