Migrating from Parallels 9 -> 10 killed FrameMaker 12

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 13:15:33 PST 2015

I have just run the demo version of Parallels Desktop 10, and found that my FrameMaker 12 install, which worked fine in the Win7 virtual machine under Desktop 9, would not launch when the VM was run under Desktop 10.

I've reported this to Parallels, but it occurs to me that it might be a side-effect of Adobe licensing - maybe the Win VM appeared as a 'new machine' when run under a different version of Parallels.

Just posting this as a 'heads up', but I'm wondering if anyone else's had the same experience?

--
Steve