Frame 8-compatible file format?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Jan 6 11:38:14 PST 2015

Hi Michael,

The reason you don't want to do this is because the save to MIF 7.0 will
change the text encoding to the old FrameRoman character set. Then when you
open the MIF with FrameMaker 12 (or any version 8 or higher), the text
encoding will get changed back to Unicode. There is an outside chance that
this could mess up some of your text. In your case, you should save your FM
12 files as MIF 12.0 before you open them with FM 10. You are essentially
going from Unicode to Unicode, which is "safer".

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-366-4017

rick at frameexpert.com