FM 10 sometimes changes graphics paths

Craig, Alison Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Jan 14 10:54:46 PST 2015

I have only ever had this problem upon receiving files back from a Language Service Provider (LSP) - and it has always been the result of a path change made by the LSP.

Every doc I publish is moved from my working folders (tied to Visual Source Safe) to a "finished" directory for final compilation and so long as I keep the relative paths the same (at least up to the highest folder in which any required publication files reside) then I never have a problem with relative paths and my "imported by reference" graphics are fine.

The advice I received from the List to fix the problem (back in 2011) is as follows. It’s worked every time I’ve encountered this issue.

“Just in case that the path info has been changed, say from relative paths to absolute paths…you can still change them back, in a dirty, quick way. First, you need to save all FM files into MIF. Then you can use a search-and-replace tool that supports wildcards/regular expressions, such as the legendary UltraEditor – just replace the “c:\folder\subfolders\” stuff with “..\..\” – of course the strings look differently in the MIF, but this is a just a quick example. And finally, you resave all MIF’s back to FM’s.”

Hope this help,

Alison

Alison Craig | Technical Documentation Lead
Ultrasonix | 130-4311 Viking Way | Richmond, BC  V6V 2K9 | analogicultrasound.com<http://www.analogicultrasound.com>
T 604-279-8550 ext 127 | F 604-279-8559