FM 10 sometimes changes graphics paths

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Jan 14 10:57:05 PST 2015

Winfried Reng said:
>However, I do not know how FrameMaker gets the path
>to the orginal graphics files.
>Does this happen only, if another file is open which points to
>the graphics files of the copied file?
>Otherwise I wonder how FrameMaker can find out where the
>graphics files are located.

That part of detecting the absolute file location is easy. After a program accessing a file (through all the relative references), determining the absolute location of a file is trivial in code.

The truncation mentioned by Harro is troublesome though.

Also, there is a path length limit in Windows - I thought it was 256 characters, but may be 64 characters? And this does not explain the network file name issue mentioned ...

I'll look ...