Frame and disk encryption software

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:01:36 PST 2015

At 19:36 +0000 14/1/15, Michael Norton wrote:

>And yes, this is primarily an IT problem but I also have a deadline looming. I have not tried saving the files in MIF format, but will. It doesn't happen to all files and I have seen no pattern so far. Just a few minutes ago it did it to a PDF file, so apparently it is not just a Frame thing.

This just underlines my dislike and distrust of disk encryption software. For example, apparently the most recent release of Apple's OS X operating system (Yosemite) turns on disk encryption by default, and it's really messed up some folks.

If your IT department has introduced this because of company policy, then the issues clearly go higher, but no company worth its salt is going to stick with across-the-board changes that impact productivity.

--
Steve