PDF Issue

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 07:20:56 PST 2015

At 14:42 +0000 15/1/15, Denis Daly wrote:

>Does anyone have any update on the following response, to a query I posted a couple of months ago?
>
>2: The response from an Adobe person here was that the Save as PDF using CMYK has a bug (that they have been able to reproduce). No fix indication yet.
>
>I am still unable to save a PDF using CMYK. It will save fine using RGB setting.

I can confirm this: at FrameMaker 12.0.3.424 I get ok results with RGB PDF, but bizzarre ones with CMYK. What appears to be happening in the crude test I've just run is that with CMYK selected a graphic in the background is being output in the foreground and obliterating text.

Surely it's about time Adobe got CMYK working properly? It's been in use in the printing industry since more or less the dawn of computer typesetting.

--
Steve