Acrobat X: Manually sending a Shared Review

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Mon Jan 26 12:50:17 PST 2015

Hi Lin,

if Acrobat does not recognize the email client (like when a web-based
email is used), you cannot send the file specially prepared for the
review, which means that you cannot use the email review process at all
(as far as I understand it).
You would not be able to store your PDF file in the specific format that
is necessary for the workflow; e.g. to collect all comments in one final
version at the end of one review cycle, Acrobat has to recognize the
files as "original" or "commented" versions of one review process. (...I
guess.)

There are two other options for a workflow which is not email-based but
server-based:

1) A server-path is available for all reviewers (could be WebDAV)

2) acrobat.com could be used as a "server" (Adobe ID required for setup)

In both cases the reviewers would either work with the server copy, or
work with local copies, where each comment is automatically transfered
to the server copy. This way, all comments are visible immediately for
all reviewers and can also be answered, which can be very useful
(connection to server-path/internet must be available to "publish" the
comments). This way, the comments do not have to be re-imported into the
original version from all the different commented files.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida. Berlin

Lin Sims: