Adobe Externalize Graphics Extendscript

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:55:08 PST 2015

Adobe posted an Extendscript-of-the-week quite awhile back that exported embedded graphics to a subfolder and linked them back into the spot where they were originally embedded. While not without flaws, it worked pretty well in FrameMaker 11. It does not work in FM12, probably due to a .dll file that was included with the script. Can any of you Adobe lurkers out there encourage Adobe to update this script so that it works with FM12?

Just askin',

Craig
P.S. This script saved me a lot of time on Word conversions to FrameMaker where the client wanted external graphics imported rather than the embedded ones we got by default when opening the Word documents in FM.