Importing clear, sharp images

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Jun 17 18:16:02 PDT 2015

If you have Illustrator objects embedded in PhotoShop images you're
placing in FrameMaker, the latter may not be smart enough to render
the Illustrator objects properly.

If you export a PSD as PNG and place that in FrameMaker, and it works
fine, then there's definitely something about the embedding.

You still haven't said whether you're seeing the degradation anywhere
except on screen in FrameMaker. It's not unusual for things to look
fine in output that don't look right in FM.