Purchase question

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 04:59:27 PDT 2015

You can still buy it at Adobe, they just make it hard to find.

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_allsoftware.html?start=50

Keep clicking next at the bottom until you see FrameMaker (for me it was
page 5), then click Buy. The full version (FrameMaker 2015) is $999.00.
There's no option to buy earlier versions.

If you need other Adobe products, you might look into the Technical
Communications suite (for me, that was page 6), which runs $1,199 as an
upgrade for you (yes, you can get it at the upgrade price). That includes
Frame, RoboHelp, Captivate, Acrobat Pro DC, and Presenter.

Good luck,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 3:06 AM, Bertrand Meyer <Bertrand.Meyer at inf.ethz.ch>
wrote:

> This is a newbie question; on the technical side I am not a FrameMaker
> newbie, having used it for several decades, but I am not familiar with
> recent versions since I have stuck to old ones which do what I need, on
> Solaris and Windows. With recent releases of Windows, however, FrameMaker
> 7.2, which I still use, crashes increasingly often (for example just using
> the mouse to select text that includes a table invariably causes a crash).
> That’s not sustainable so I need to upgrade. For the most recent version
> all I saw on Adobe’s page is a software-for-rent solution, which is not
> acceptable. Could someone please recommend a version that is the most
> recent possible, is available for purchase, works reliably on recent
> versions of Windows (Windows 8.1, soon Windows 10), will take older *.fm
> files, generate MIF, and retain the traditional FrameMaker advantages?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> -- Bertrand Meyer

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/ljsims.ml%40gmail.com