archive follow-up and more

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 24 09:17:14 PDT 2015

First, thanks to _all_ for your great advice on the archiving / book packaging feature in FrameMaker. I know now full-well that there's NO chance that we'll upgrade to FM12 or FM2015. There IS the possibility of Squidds Finaliser, but even the links to English-language screens for it come up as only in German. For instance http://finalyser.com/help changes to TechComm | SQUIDDS and German language stuff. Help, someone?
Second (and totally unrelated), is it possible to directly import MS Publisher files into FrameMaker docs? Or must you first convert the PUB files into HTML (or MS Word or something else) and then do a file import? Does anyone here have some background in this?
Finally, it has been my long-time understanding from informal conversations with other tech writers over the past 30 years that MS Publisher is used by very, very few companies today, and that FM is by far King of the Hill, with others (such as Quark Express and the ubiquitous MS Word) filling in the middle area. Is there a pie-chart website that might help me out with this?
Thanks all . . .
-- Ken in Atlanta