creating multiple table of contents in one FrameMaker document

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Mon Mar 2 15:16:02 PST 2015

Hi Salome,

the main mechanism is: Certain para formats are chosen from the content
files (in book menu) to provide the source for the text in the table of
content file(s).

For your case, this would mean:

a) There is a book with all files in it, or 2 books in a book (one per
group) etc.

b) The para formats for 1.-5. are headlines; when creating the TOC this
format is chosen to add its content to the TOC.

c) There is a restarting numbering with the 2nd group ("1. Document:
Fish"). One way to do it is to use a different headline para format for
group 2, or the numbers are entered in the content as real text (not
auto-numbered headlines). It depends which option is best.

d) The text "Group 1 Program" and "Group 2 Program" must be somewhere in
a document to be referenced to add to the TOC (this is a main problem).

e) "Table of Contents" is simple text at the beginning of the TOC (para
format must not match other headline para formats that are supposed to
be added to TOC).

This given, it should be possible to have a TOC like in your example.

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Abungu, Salome:

> Hi! I would like to create multiple table of contents in one document. It would look something like the layout below. Each of the documents is a standalone FrameMaker file. Is this possible? I'm wracking my brain for ideas. Thank you!
>
> Salome
>
> *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> TABLE OF CONTENTS
>
> GROUP 1 PROGRAM
>
> * Document: Alligator
> * Document: Bear