secured PDFs

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Wed Mar 4 05:31:18 PST 2015

Hi all,

some time ago I bought the PDF Password Remover (-->
http://www.verypdf.com/app/pdf-password-remover/index.html)for legal
purposes.

The tool simply wipes away the password in a second and costs only 30 $.
So, forget about password security to be any kind of obstacle.

We are using the certificate security for our manuals instead, which
will make sure that any unauthorized change could be detected.

(Until now, I still do believe that a certificate can not be removed, or
only by those users who own the certificate and with the system where
the certificate was originally set. But maybe this is not true, does
anyone have objections?)

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Shmuel:

> This is what we allow and disallow:
> Printing: ALLOWED
> Changing the Document: Not Allowed
> Document Assembly: Not Allowed
> Content Copying or Extraction: ALLOWED
> Content Extraction for Accessibility: ALLOWED
> Commenting: Not Allowed
> Filling of form fields: Not Allowed
> Signing: Not Allowed
> Creation of Template Pages: Not Allowed
>
> --
> Shmuel Wolfson
> Technical Writer
>
> On 03-Mar-15 10:12 PM, Johnson, Joyce wrote:
>
>> We deliver user guides (software and hardware) to customers via password-protected pdfs, loaded onto servers and also posted on our customer web portal.
>>
>> I'm wondering how members of this group deliver customer-facing documents. Do you use pdfs? If so, do you secure those pdfs? If you secure them, how do you accommodate in-house colleagues who request unsecured pdfs so they can extract pages and images?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your responses.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> JOYCE M. JOHNSON
>>
>> AmerisourceBergen