secured PDFs

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu Mar 5 10:14:21 PST 2015

At 11:00 AM 3/4/2015, you wrote:

>We are using the certificate security for our manuals instead, which
>will make sure that any unauthorized change could be detected.

Heiko, from the little I know about PDF certificate security, you
must be able to identify every user of the PDF. My clients sell PDF
versions of their books via CD on open ecommerce and I have found no
good way to secure those PDFs other than the very vulnerable password
protection. Do you happen to know if certificate security can be used
in situations where a PDF is burned to CD and the CDs mass-produced?
My clients require secure PDFs to prevent modifying them and also to
prevent companies from copying the content and rebranding it as their own.

Carol