User's manual vs. User manual

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:36:18 PDT 2015

Without getting into a grammar argument best left to a staff meeting where
everyone has had too much coffee, I would agree with Andrew on the Best
Practice way to name manuals/books -- that's my preference too.

But disagree with him on the nouns -- I think all those he listed are or
could arguably be compound nouns, not a singular noun/noun our
adjective/noun pair.

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.