post-processing a PDF with FM markers

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Sun Mar 22 05:58:25 PDT 2015

I generate a library of PDFs that are delivered to the customer inside a
server that we sell and install for them. Some of our customers are in
secure facilities with no outside internet access, so I can't just point
them to our knowledge base.

I need a way to link from one PDF to another, when they are all served from
that customer server. Naturally I don't know the IP address of the server
until after it's installed.
Can I create a PDF from FM12(unstr) with some sort of marker in place, and
then at installation time our Services tech doing the installation can
enter the IP address into a script or other tool and propagate that
information into the existing markers?
Or is there a better way?
--

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*