post-processing a PDF with FM markers

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Tue Mar 24 12:51:52 PDT 2015

That's pretty much what we do now, but it's hard to have all the books open
at once when four writers are hurtling toward a deadline...
And we have found that customer-users often copy a doc to email to a
colleague or to use elsewhere and then the links break.
It's not a stopper for now, but I'd love to find a more robust solution.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM, David Artman <david at davidartman.com> wrote:

>  I concur with Robert, unless you're facing other issue that you didn't
> mention in your post.
>
> Have all the BOOK files open when you print to PDF; and esure that the
> resulting PDFs are located in the same relative file structure as the BOOK
> files. [If I were you, I'd put all BOOK files in one folder, for simplicity
> of access, regardless of where you let choose to locate your working
> FM-type and graphics files.]
>
> Barring that, you could do something with Named Desitnations I reckon...
> but that's just a major pain: as you noted, you won't know the base
> location to make aboslute/hyperlink references in the FM files. But if it's
> your company's system to setup and install, it should be trivial just to
> make a docs folder on it somewhere and plop all your PDFs in that (and a
> shortcut to the 'master' document, perhaps, on the All Users Desktop). Done
> deal.
>
> David

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*