extremely slow PNG loading

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Mar 30 07:14:59 PDT 2015

Hi Stuart,

I have seen this behavior as well frequently with FM 10, all patched, Win 7-64 bit. Everything is local and I have 500 GB hard drive, with approximately 250GB of that being free space. It's not reproducible from file to file and some files aren't affected at all.  The one time that I have noticed the issue is right after a Windows update and/or an update to my McAfee virus protection software. And to top it off, initially, some files did not have the issue, and then boom, all of a sudden, they did and vise-versa. The files are graphic-laded such as yours and very large (500+ pages with 200+ images) and all the images are PNGs with up to a max of around 900 bytes. I don't have the option at this stage in the game to convert the files and reimport, so I am just stuck, but if anyone else can give insight into this, it would be sincerely appreciated.  It's a real time-killer for me and FWIW, I did not have this issue with the exact same files in FM7 or FM8!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal

Spectrum Writing, LLC

www.spectrumwritingllc.com

TammyVB  *AT*  spectrumwritingllc  *DOT*  com