Looking for examples of good landscape oriented user manuals

tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com
Tue May 12 04:18:22 PDT 2015

I am working on a project to document a new machine that has a Windows 8.x
based user interface. All touch screen, swipe left-right...

Our current manuals have a pretty restrictive template in portrait
orientation; however, considering that the layout of all of the screens is
very horizontal, I'm thinking that a manual in landscape format (probably
spiral bound on the left when printed) might be a good way to present
instructions that would include lots of graphics and probably embedded
video (which I've done quite successfully in FM12).

Any ideas where I might find some good examples of user manuals done in
landscape, as well as supporting templates?

Tom Beiswenger
Manager, Technical & Training Documentation, Project Manager - Inspection
Business
Emhart Glass Mfg. Inc.
1140 Sullivan St.
Elmira, NY 14901