Help Creation Flow and Upgrading from version 7.2 to the latest version

Jeff Coatsworth Jeff.Coatsworth at jonasclub.com
Tue May 12 05:53:25 PDT 2015

You can now create all those from FM12 directly; however, the learning curve will be a bit of a shock - the UI changed completely starting in FM9. I think at 7.2 you're over the Unicode barrier already so fonts may or may not be an issue. Some finer control over the publishing (generating) of help outputs can be done using the Tech Comm Suite (which includes RH, FM, Acrobat Pro & Captivate), but may not be necessary in your case. Personally, I'd download a trial copy of TCS5 and try it out on a non-production machine with copies of your FM7.2 content & play around with it for the 30 days of the trial.