Setting up page numbers that restart with chapter number

Abungu, Salome sabungu at tycoint.com
Wed May 20 12:08:06 PDT 2015

1. You will have to define the chapter number first.

a) Navigate to the Numbering Properties dialog box (Format > Document > Numbering).
b) Click on the Chapter tab.
c) Next to the Chapter #, enter the chapter number.
d) From the Format dropdown, select Numeric (14)
e) Click the Set button.

2. If you want a chapter number to be included as a part of each page number, you can insert the <$chapnum> variable in front of the page number from the Master page. So it will look like this: <$chapnum>-#. I'm going to assume that you know how to set up page numbers (using variables) from the Master page.

Note: be sure to put the variables (<$chapnum>-#) on each of your Master pages.

Regards,

Salome

Salome Abungu
Service and Sales
Technical Writer

Scott Safety
4320 Goldmine Road
Monroe, NC  28110 USA

Tel:  704.207.2692
Fax: 704.291.8420

sabungu at tycoint.com<mailto:sabungu at tycoint.com>
www.ScottSafety.com<http://www.scottsafety.com/>

Follow Scott Safety [Description: Description: cid:image001.gif at 01CF75AC.49A8D5E0] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Health-Safety/129164020434839>  [Description: Description: cid:image002.gif at 01CF75AC.49A8D5E0] <http://www.youtube.com/user/scotthstube?blend=23&ob=5>  [Description: Description: Twitter_logo_blue.png] <http://www.twitter.com/Scott_Safet>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or information otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any applicable rights to privilege have not been waived.