Frame GUI (Icons) and 4k/UHD

Michael Heine mheine at uwo.ca
Sat May 23 16:03:20 PDT 2015

G'day all -
a new monitor is scheduled to materialize on my desk in the near future,
and I have the choice of everything up to  32in UHD (3840 ppi). At
standard resolution, I suspect the Frame icons to be minuscule on such a
monitor. From what I hear, the scaling options built into Windows 8.1
make a difference, but Frame up to v. 12 won't play along and scale at
all, I think. Perhaps I'll be better off with a 27" (2560ppi) monitor?
As an aside, my investment in CS end with version 6, and I don't intend
to use the CC mechanism, so I won't get the GUI adaptations that will no
doubt be built into the CC versions in due course. Anyone on the list
sitting in front of a Frame-UHD-Win 8.1 monitor who could share impressions?

Cheers,
Mike