remapping Frame formats

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:41:29 PDT 2015

Hi group

I'm looking for a FrameMaker plugin or script to "remap" FrameMaker
formats: character formats, paragraph formats, table formats,
cross-reference formats...

I have used TemplateMapper in 2003, but I was wondering whether something
more recent is available somewhere, for example a (Frame)script which works
as follows would be nice:
1. List all the used formats in column A in a separate "mapping table", for
example an Excel file.
2. In column B, the user fills in the name of the formats to which the old
formats should be renamed.
3. The user saves the "mapping file" and then "applies" this Excel file to
one or more FrameMaker books.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yves