FM12 Transparent Graphics

De Rosier, Edward Edward.DeRosier at anritsu.com
Fri May 29 10:41:38 PDT 2015

Hello Framers,

We are using FM 12 (TCS 5) on Windows 7 PCs.

The company has a new document style that includes a background image, which is a bit like having a watermark on the cover page.  In modifying the design of our templates, we have placed the background image on the master page.

When we add a product image to the body page, the white background of the product image masks a portion of the background image.   We have tried images (referenced from a common image folder) of the following types:  Adobe Illustrator (*.ai), Adobe Photoshop (*.psd), *.png, and *.eps.

Even though we have carefully created knocked
out images with transparent backgrounds, we have not been able to avoid the masking effect.

We would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you,

Ed DeRosier
Technical Writer
Anritsu Company, Morgan Hill, California, USA