[Framers] Kinda OT: PDF produced from printing FM book to .ps and then distilling to PDF

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Apr 4 10:14:48 PDT 2016

I have to test four browsers with the output that I produce for a client -
Chrome, Mozilla, IE, and Safari. The new "Edge" browser for Windows 10
designed to replace IE is now a consideration. I have not one, but two
clients now say that when they open a PDF produced as described that I have
uploaded to Dropbox in Edge, the PDF erroneously appears as doubled - for
example, an 81 page PDF shows 162 pages, and it's basically the PDF
"appended to itself." It ends at page 81 and then starts smack dab over
again on page 1.  (I doubt that the way that I produced the PDF vs. printing
directly to PDF has anything to do with the issue, but I just wanted to
cover all bases.)

This doesn't happen with any of the other browsers. I told the client to
download the PDF and then view and still the same problem, but just with
Edge.

Has anyone encountered this issue/seen this at all? I tried googling it, but
Edge is so new, there's scant information on it and this did not come up in
the search of problems with Edge.

Thanks!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Owner/Principal
Spectrum Writing, LLC
www.spectrumwritingllc.com
TammyVB  *AT*  spectrumwritingllc  *DOT*  com