[Framers] An item for my FM wish list

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Thu Apr 7 13:53:19 PDT 2016

Why am I channeling Indiana Jones' comment, "It's not the years, it's the
mileage?" It seems that lots of long-time Framers are asking questions that
imply having forgotten more stuff than most FM newbies will ever know.<G>

Since giving up Windows and Parallels on Mac, I've been advocating for
InDesign developers to adopt more of the remaining great FrameMaker
features that are in the "we'll get to that when we can" queue. Among them
are:

* Run-in paragraphs
* True side headings
* Context-formatting rules for list items like structured FM's {first},
{notfirst}, etc., to programmatically control space between paragraphs
* Variables that can break across line and text-frame boundaries

Cheers!

Peter Gold
​