[Framers] slow-scrolling images

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Sat Apr 9 10:42:01 PDT 2016

​Thanks for jogging my foggy memory, Mike. ​I think this idea may only have
been pertinent to UNIX systems, and IIRC it was fixed, but it's worth a
mention in case it sparks other ideas. One particular new or updated FM
release long ago caused interminable delays in opening a document, for some
users, the discovered cause was revealed to be a change in FM's UNIX
configuration files that required verifying that all specified printers in
the user's account were actually available on the network, because FM's
formatting routines relied on information supplied by a printer's
configuration files. So, on a network with lots of printers at lots of
locations, opening a document depended on lots of back-and-forth network
traffic.

It's just a guess, but perhaps some recent change is now encountering a
similar delay, checking resolution of graphics and the ability of
identified printers to manage those settings, or perhaps Acrobat watched
folder settings, etc.

HTH

Peter Gold