[Framers] OT: The history of PDF

Frank Stearns franks at pacifier.com
Thu Apr 14 14:21:18 PDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Craig, Alison wrote:

> Wow - $695 in 1993!
>
> That rivals the $700 I spent on HP's first laser printer at about
> the same time. (It printed in black at a whopping 300 dpi.)
>
> Were we rich or stupid? ;-)))))

Both?? We could charge clients relatively more for services in those
days?

In 1991 I spent well north of $10K for a bare-bones Sparc workstation,
and thankfully got a courtesy copy of FM3 and then FM4 because of the
development work we were doing. Our products gave an assist to the FM
Sales force as prospective FM purchasers would ask, "that's all well
and good, but does this Framing-Maker thingie do this or that?"

We tried to have "this" and "thats" on hand to help out. For nostalgia
and amusement, visit the "FSA Resources>Early Products" portion of
www.fsatools.com for more history.

Frank

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FrameMaker 10/11/12 IS HERE! ***
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
1-435-275-8981  http://www.fsatools.com