[Framers] Mif2Go and FM 2015

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Sun Apr 24 06:55:55 PDT 2016

Hi Syed,
I have the m2rbook.dll in place.
The issue that I run into is a familiar one, and infuriatingly vague. It's
a "could not write <file>.mif" issue.
I have seen this before and resolved it for FM12. I expect I can do it
again when I have some time later this week or next week.
In case you want to research it, here's the log. The book is well-formed
unstructured FM 2015, cleaned up for online use. It has just four chapters,
none of them very large, and no special tricks.

Mif2Go could not write
C:\Project\ToBeProcessed\DomainManagerUsers\DMU_Security_Intro.mif
Mif2Go failed for file:
C:\Project\ToBeProcessed\DomainManagerUsers\DMU_Security_Intro.html
type 5, code -43, at: Sun Apr 24 09:50:05 2016
Could not write MIF file.

Mif2Go could not write
C:\Project\ToBeProcessed\DomainManagerUsers\Users_Orgs.mif
Mif2Go failed for file:
C:\Project\ToBeProcessed\DomainManagerUsers\Users_Orgs.html
type 5, code -43, at: Sun Apr 24 09:50:09 2016
Could not write MIF file.

Mif2Go failed for file:
type 6, code 0, at: Sun Apr 24 09:50:11 2016
Cancelled by user.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 2:37 AM, Syed Zaeem Hosain <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net>
wrote:

> Okay, I did a little digging in the source code for m2rbook … and think
> his last fix (as per my earlier e-mail below) *may* work for FM 2015 …
> but am not really sure yet!
>

> In one file, where Jeremy checked for the FrameMaker version number
> returned by the Adobe FDK, he had code to do a specific check for the
> version of FM.
>

> From what I can tell so far, the last change he made for FM 12 stopped
> doing an explicit check for an *exact* version for FM 12 and above.
>

> I.e., the code says “*if (FrameVersion >= 12) {*“ rather than the other
> ones that look like “*if (FrameVersion == 11) {*“ and “*if (FrameVersion
> == 10) {*“, etc. This variable is set by a call to the Adobe FDK and I
> assume that FM 2015 returns the value 13 (but this is a guess).
>

> This means that he was assuming, for the moment, that the next version of
> FrameMaker did not need any special code (he had not seen FM 2015, of
> course …)
>

> So … I *think* it may work. But, please try it and let me know! If it
> does not, I will investigate further.
>

> By the way, one side note: it looks like the very last release of Mif2Go
> will *not* work with versions older than FM 7 … even though Mif2Go was
> available for FM 5.5 and FM 6. It is possible that Jeremy took the code
> support for those older versions away, since nobody(?) was using them by
> 2013.

<http://www.actifio.com/>        *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Manage, access, and protect your data with a single platform that saves
you time, money, and complexity.*