[Framers] Using Frame as a little CMS

russ at weststreetconsulting.com russ at weststreetconsulting.com
Mon Apr 25 13:33:19 PDT 2016

I guess I should chime in here with some clarification... it is true
that InsetPlus will only work with structured Frame, because only a
structured document has the markup to allow better automation. The
reason that you struggle with insets in unstructured Frame is because
the lack of metadata simply prevents anything more advanced. This is
true with many aspects beyond text insets, but I begin to digress.

InsetPlus works with any structured document, provided that you have an
attribute available on both source and reference elements to make the
link. InsetPlus uses a methodology very similar to the DITA conref
mechanism, so "conref" and "id" are typical attribute names. However,
you can use any attributes defined in your EDD that are not in use for
something else.

InsetPlus is completely free and always will be. The download includes
sample files and a tutorial.

Russ (Owner, WSC)