[Framers] I am working on a parser for MIF files ...

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Apr 25 18:03:30 PDT 2016

Hi, all.

There was a tool called MIFMuncher (see http://www.stc-carolina.org/MIF+Muncher) that people used for format reports from MIF files.

I have _mostly_ completed a parser for MIF files that appears to be working well on the sample files I have.

However, to make it far more general purpose for others to use, I need a few things:

1. A _much_ larger set of test MIF files that people are willing to provide so that I can finish testing. The Adobe MIF Reference is decent, but I think I seem some inconsistencies between the docs and actual MIF files ... not sure yet though.

2. Sample copies of the reports that MIFMuncher used to do - since I don't know what people need from the files, I am not sure what to output!

3. Where there any command-line options used for MIFMuncher to control the specific reports/output, etc.? I can't find any documents on the tool.

Anyone still running a sufficiently old version of Windows to provide these? Unfortunately, MIFMuncher does not run on my 64-bit system ...

If you can provide MIF files for me to test with, please send it to me via e-mail (not to the entire list, please!) to: Syed.Hosain at aeris.net ... and, of course, whatever info you have on MIFMuncher would be appreciated.

Thanks much,