[Framers] a few list admin items and a welcome to old friends who are no longer lost

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Feb 1 10:28:42 PST 2016

   At 10:35 AM 2/1/2016, you wrote:

     That was the first message I've received from Framers since March
     12, 2015. Thanks for getting things fixed.

   Hi everyone. There are about 1,200 of you who may not have heard from
   the Framers list since last March or June. During that time, the list
   was physically moved TWICE after catastrophic crashes and bad hosting
   company errors. On Jan 3, 2016, the list was restored on a new server,
   but for some reason, only about 350 of the subscribers were in the
   backup that was used to restore the list. When the list moved again
   last week and was restored using an even earlier backup, there were
   1,700+ subscribers.
   So welcome to our long lost subscribers! Rick Quatro and I volunteered
   to help list owner Brad Anderson administer and moderate the list, so
   there will always be someone to contact with problems. I'm working with
   Brad to get the frameusers.com Web site back to being a resource for
   the community. More on that in the coming weeks.
   Arvchives: And there is more good news for those of you who are just
   rejoining us -- the good people over at MailArchive.com have managed to
   restore all of the Framers archives dating back to 2005. There were
   over 64,573 of them!
   You can access the archives at
   [1]http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/
   The archives are totally searchable. You can display the posts by
   thread and by date. Check out what you've been missing for awhile!
   Admin: A reminder for those of you on digest -- when you respond to a
   message, don't forget to snip only a little bit of the message you are
   responding to, delete everything else and then CHANGE THE MESSAGE
   SUBJECT from something other than Re: [Framers] Framers Digest, Vol
   118, Issue 1.
   I've set the list so that by default only the original poster is
   included in the To: line. You will need to copy/paste the list's
   address -- framers at lists.frameusers.com -- into the To: line so that
   your response goes back to the list. This helps everyone on the list
   and I encourage everyone to do this. It is more work for you, but if I
   set the default to reply to the entire list, then many folks might
   suffer the embarrassment of having a private post broadcast list-wide.
   Many of you may need to readjust your list settings--change from digest
   to regular emails and vice versa. To do so, go to
   [2]http://lists.frameusers.com/options.cgi/framers-frameusers.com/  If
   you don't remember your password, click the Remind button toward the
   bottom of the page.
   If anyone has any questions, comments, or problems with the list, don't
   hesitate to email me privately at carol at frameusers.com .
   Carol Elkins
   Listmom