[Framers] Thai text in Fm11?

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Mon Feb 8 08:53:05 PST 2016

Hi,

I know some people who work with FM 10 to set Thai text.

They still had a Win XP computer for this, as the same text would not
show up correctly on a Win 7 machine.
We could not figure out, why.

There are two other main problems with Thai texts:

a) accents may not be displayed correctly in FrameMaker. If so, we
placed small graphics over the wrong characters, which is a tedious
work, of course.

b) word boundaries are only known to native speakers, as Thai is written
without spaces. You need someone -- who can also work with FM -- to
break the lines correctly.

So, it is possible to work with FM, but it was not so trivial as with
other languages.
There may be better solutions, I guess... I have not checked with FM
2015, by the way.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Anna Lena Söderling: