[Framers] FrameMaker 12 - RoboHelp 11 - Graphics Conversion shows bad results

thomas.zeisig at xcerra.com thomas.zeisig at xcerra.com
Mon Feb 8 23:28:00 PST 2016

We are using TCS 5 and encounter blurry graphics when we convert a
FrameMaker book to HTML Help.
All graphics are referenced in the FrameMaker files and are mainly Tiffs
with  632x475 px at 200 dpi.
Due to our layout we want to become the graphics in the on-line help
enlarged to 200 %.
It seems that RoboHelp converts the graphics in two stages, in the first
stage  the graphics will be resized to 96 dpi, 303x228 px.
In the second stage this 96 dpi graphic is then scaled to 200% which
results in bad image quality.
Is there any way to change this conversion behaviour?
If I resize such a tiff in Photoshop I get perfect quality, but it is a
one stage conversion.
BTW: We tested RoboHelp 2015 too, with the same result.

Best Regards  - Thomas Zeisig