[Framers] ExtendScript - Generating a Catalog of Graphics

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Wed Feb 10 10:16:21 PST 2016

Mif2Go can do it
If you have Mif2Go I can provide the details

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Martinek, Carla <CMartinek at zebra.com>
wrote:

> Years and years (and years) ago, I purchased a set of utilities called
> Caxton Xtras. Caxton has long since gone away, but the utilities continued
> to work in FM for several versions after they were initially released. My
> source utility files have a date of December 1998 - I think it was FM5 I
> was using at the time. (I go all the way back to using FM2 in 1990... very
> scary, I know.)
>
> A coworker wanted to generate a list of imported graphics that includes
> the image. Xtras had such a utility, but unfortunately it doesn't work with
> the last few versions of Frame. The Xtras graphics catalog generated a
> table with a thumbnail of the graphic in the first column (about 2 in
> height, if I remember correctly), the path in the second column, and the
> page # in the third column. It really was quite handy.
>
> Has anyone written a script for recent FrameMaker versions which does
> something similar? ExtendScript preferred, but I also have FrameScript.
> Much as I want to be involved in scripting, I just haven't been able to
> dedicate the time to be able to write my own.
>
> BTW, I'm happy to send a copy of the Caxton files to anyone who wants to
> look at the source files if you're curious and have an older version of
> Frame (likely FM9 or earlier) . :)
>
> -Carla
>

> ________________________________
> - CONFIDENTIAL-
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may
> also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may
> not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this
> email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and
> then delete this email.

<http://www.actifio.com/>        *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Manage, access, and protect your data with a single platform that saves
you time, money, and complexity.*