[Framers] Read/Write rules for converting graphics

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Feb 17 11:22:23 PST 2016

Hi,

I have images imported by reference in my structured FrameMaker document. I
want to create new graphics on export that are cropped and sized like they
are in the FrameMaker anchored frames. If I add a text frame or some other
object to the anchored frame, it get the output that I want, but if there is
just an imported graphic in the frame, I don't get the cropping or resizing
on export. Here is my r/w rule:

element "image" {

  is fm graphic element;
  attribute "file" is fm property file;
  attribute "entity" is fm attribute;
  writer {
    facet "PNG" {
      convert referenced graphics;
      export to file "images/$(docname).png" as "PNG";
    }
    anchored frame {
      export to file "images/$(docname).png" as "PNG";
    }
  }
}

Also, I would like to specify a dpi value for output, like 150 dpi,
regardless of the resolution of the imported image. Any help would be
appreciated.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.