[Framers] Character tag lowers baseline of text

Stamm, David David.Stamm at gd-ms.com
Mon Feb 29 11:40:08 PST 2016

2016-02-29-01T19:40Z

To the software engineers for FrameMaker, please see below.

To subscribers to the list, my apologies for the verbosity.

Here's a bug (actually, two bugs depending on how you count bugs) that I have never seen before.  What follows are the entries that I made in the bug reporting window for Adobe.  Unfortunately, that effort failed.

//////////

tried to submit via https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=home but could not

Error message when I chose the "Submit" button:  "Sorry this operation could not be completed due to CAPTCHA mismatch, please try again."

(¡¿Really!?  Certainly looked correct to me.)  Then, the "CAPTCHA" area of the window failed to display a new value for me to replicate.  When I chose the "Reload CAPTCHA image" icon, nothing changed.

2016-02-29-01T19:25Z

Product:  FrameMaker

Version:  12

Autolayout (¿?)

Some users will encounter

Incorrectly functioning

App Language:  English

OS Language:  English

Platform:  Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1 64-bit

Browser:  Internet Explorer 11

Found in build:  12.0.4.445

Platform:  Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1

Title:  Character tag lowers baseline of text

Description:  FrameMaker displayed numerous numbered and lettered paragraphs of content with the numbers and the text on different baselines.  The baselines of the text were lower than the baselines of the numbers and letters.  See the attachment.

This situation occurred in a series of paragraphs numbered 7, 8, and 9 and lettered a, b, and c.  Each group of paragraphs used its own paragraph tags.  In the "Paragraph Designer" window, on the "Basic" tab, the entries in the central column of fields were all the same and correct.

I examined the character tag that we use to produce bold text and found that all the entries - including the entry in the "Size:" field - were the same and correct.

Steps to Reproduce:  unknown

Workaround:

I applied character tag "Default Font" to some of the whole words that were bold, and immediately applied the character tag for bold to the text.¨ See the attachment, p 1.  Then I applied character tag "Default Font" to _parts_ of words that were bold and saw a further anomaly.  See the attachment, p2.

My Hardware and Environment Details:  DELL Precision M 6700

Processor:  i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80 GHz

Installed memory (RAM):  8.00 GB

System type:  64-bit operating system

Regards,