No subject

Fri Jan 29 07:40:47 PST 2016

Numbers then characters. When FM sees 5and E together, it treats them
like a string.

A very rudimentary solution:

Maybe you could two columns? The column heading straddles two columns

Columns 1 | <---------Column 2------------->
entry 1      | entry1c2a  |   entry1c2b
entry 2      | entry2c2a  |   entry2c2b
entry 3      | entry3c2a  |   entry3c2b

You use the <Column 2> as the Sort by column and the next column,
<Column 3>,  as the "Then By" column.

Rachna
On 6/22/06, Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> At 14:00 +1200 22/6/06, rebecca officer wrote:
>
> >I'm sorting a table and want to end up with the following order:
> >5
> >5E
> >6
> >
> >Instead, it gives me:
> >5
> >6
> >5E
> >
> >Can I change that? If not, I'd appreciate other ideas for achieving what I'm after. The numbers are compulsory, but the letter E is arbitrary. I tried making it a comma instead but the sorting just seemed to ignore that.
>
> I don't know if you can change the sort order in FrameMaker's guts, but if you have the option of using it, here's a hack that gets the sort to partially work: make the letters conditional, and sort entire table with them turned off. This groups all the numerics together - i.e. the major sort works - but you then have to re-display the conditional letters and do the minor sort(s) separately.
> --
> Steve
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit

Rachna Ganguli