[Framers] Versioning Frame content

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Jul 1 10:47:31 PDT 2016

You work at a software company, right? Your engineering department is
probably already using a version control system such as Subversion,
Team Foundation Server, or Perforce, so it would probably be easiest
to use that.

The one exception would be if they're using Git, which is not well
suited to unstructured FrameMaker's binary source format or the normal
FrameMaker workflow where you want to make sure only one person at a
time edits a file.

If you can't use the same system due to license costs or whatever, I
recommend Subversion, since it's free and works as well as any of the
commercial products.