[Framers] I'm pretty sure the answer is structured content

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jul 28 14:25:58 PDT 2016

Reiterating what John and Robert said.

I too often see people who love their technology and see it as the
solution to every problem. When all you have is a hammer, then
everything looks like a nail.

There are very good reasons for unstructured content, that can just as
easily be marked up into HTML or produced as pdf, help,... Just as there
are very good reasons for using structured content. There are probably
equal numbers of reasons for not using either.

Structured content, for them that have been doing this multiple decades,
is not progress but a range of alternatives (GML has been around since
the 1960's).

Alan

--
Dr Alan Litchfield