[Framers] conditions - in templates vs. applicable docs ?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 15:49:17 PDT 2016

Hello, Framers,

I’m debating the merits of including product line-specific conditions in templates that are used for multiple product lines.

* Including the conditions in the templates makes it easy for new books to inherit any conditions that exist, which helps prevent condition proliferation.

* But including the conditions would result in pollution in the product lines for which the conditions aren’t applicable. And if I create a new book for a given product line, I’m more than likely starting with an existing book, and so it’d have the relevant conditions already.

Are there any best practices or pros/cons that I haven’t considered?

There aren’t a lot of conditions, and I’m the only writer. So this isn’t hard to keep in my head. But as long as I’m doing a bunch of template maintenance, I want to include everything that would be ideal.

Thanks,
-Monique