[Framers] FrameMaker 7.2 Not Responding on New

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Mar 2 17:28:33 PST 2016

Lots of people are running FM 7.2 on 64-bit Windows 7 without problems.

The switch to Unicode in FrameMaker 8 broke a lot of things. It's not
cost-effective to respond to a compatibility problem you can easily
fix for free by spending $1000 (per seat) on a new release that will
may require a lot of modifications to your code. And it's not like
FrameMaker 13 is bug-free anyway.