[Framers] TGIF: Longest Trial License Ever

Michael Heine mheine at uwo.ca
Wed Mar 16 08:37:12 PDT 2016

Well -
here's a funny one for the weekend. The mainboard on my Wintel box
flamed out, so I had to replace with an identical copy. Win 7 as
expected, demanded reactivation. Fine. This done, I fired up Photoshop -
it opined that I was running a CS 6 trial install now, with 00 days left
(those zeros in pretty coloured squares, you know). Then I fired up
Framemaker 2015. Between one mainboard and another, it had reached the
conclusion that I was running it in trial mode now as well, but the
trial period it gave me 32757 days, if memory serves. Such unexpected
generosity left me wanting more, so I fired up Frame 12, still
installed, and it shared its 2015 counterpart's opinion down to the day.
Who knew Frame was obsessed with mainboards.
Even my feeble math tells me that those 32757 or so days amount to 89
years plus. I am inclined to take the offer. When it expires, I'll have
to upgrade to Frame 2104, of course. I hope someone'll keep a tab of the
version differences. And I will be needing a manual in pdf, probably
Distillered on version CXXXIII. Don't forget to embed the fonts.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Heine, ph.d.
Director, International Centre for Olympic Studies