[Framers] Re Screen Capture tools ...

Steve Waldenga-王安祖 stevew at mitrastar.com.tw
Wed Mar 30 18:50:24 PDT 2016

Thank you for everyone's replies.

Micheal, thank you for mentioning the Snipping Tool. This is the first I'd heard of it and it seems handy.

Robert, the SnagIt plugin streamlines and partially automates taking and inserting a screen capture.

It lets me:

1. 	In FM, select a graphic frame and click SnagIt > Perform a SnagIt Capture.

2. 	SnagIt minimizes FrameMaker, takes the capture, and opens the Save As dialog.

3.	I name and save the file.

4. 	Snagit automatically opens FM's graphic import dialog.

RoboScreenCapture adds an FM menu item to launch the tool.

I still have to:

1.	In FM, click File > Launch > RoboScreenCapture.

2.	Manually select the screen I want to capture.

3.	Manually go back to RoboScreenCapture.

4.	Click capture and take the capture.

5.	Click Save.

6.	Name and save the file. (Although it does not always use the name I specify.)

7.	Manually go back to FrameMaker.

8.	Select the graphic frame and click File > Import > File.

Regards,

Steve Waldenga
MitraStar Technology Corp.
Creative Design Department
+886-3-577-7998 ext. 55691
www.mitrastar.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain information of MitraStar Technology Corporation that are privileged / confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, disclose, distribute, copy, or use this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.