[Framers] SVG blowing up Frame file size

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:43:49 PDT 2016

Pertinents:

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, Service Patch 1
FrameMaker 12, latest patch
Visio 2013

I have a small diagram created in Visio and saved out to SVG that is just
blowing up the Frame file size.

Frame file w/o graphic: 232,448
Frame file w/ graphic: 17,116,160

Visio file: 150,011
SVG file: 15,830

I've recreated the SVG file in case there was a corruption in the
conversion from .vsdx to .svg, but I'm getting the same result. A somewhat
similar diagram that has larger Visio (357,882) and SVG (34,688) files
sizes only increases the Frame file size to 1,207,296.

I'm fabbled. Does anyone have any ideas why this very, very simple diagram
should be making such a difference in the FrameMaker file size?

--
Lin Sims