[Framers] ANN: Bottlenecks for the Ride for Roswell

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Mon May 16 06:50:04 PDT 2016

Hello Framers,

It is almost time for the annual Ride for Roswell to raise money for the
Roswell Park Cancer Center in Buffalo, NY. My son, Jason, and I will be
riding 102 miles on June 25th. Normally, I provide scripts or plugins to
those that donate. This year I want to do something different: I want you to
identify some FrameMaker bottlenecks that could be solved with scripting. If
I like your idea, I will develop a script and use that to raise money for
our ride.

I have one script developed already: OpenAllSpecial. It opens all of the
documents in a book without any alerts. This is useful if you have a
FrameMaker crash and you have a bunch of recover files. The script will use
the recover files automatically. Or, perhaps you don't have all of the
graphics, but want to open all of the files anyway without alerts.

Please email me with your ideas! Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-366-4017