[Framers] reused content for different products - best practices

jang at jang.nl jang at jang.nl
Tue May 17 12:37:56 PDT 2016

Hi Monique,

This type of documentation screams for structured content, of course. This would allow you to easily solve the variables for product names, as well as combined conditions. Setting attributes on the book level, which are pulled into a <variable>. I have done this in many projects. Also, setting conditions via attributes and defining a build expression for filtering of the book content is something I have done with up to 50 different conditions, combining up to 40 of them in one single build expression.

Of course you need to have structured content for this. But then, working with unstructured FM content in the 21st century is really not done, if you ask me. Converting is fairly easy - we do it all the time - so if you do not have structured content yet, look in that direction for your best practices.

Kind regards

Jang